This position is part of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team, a high-performance group chartered with delivering a beautifully simple analytics foundation and service that allows Zendesk to scale to a $1 Billion company with clearly defined, consistent metrics and a data architecture that provides all business operations with high quality and timely analytics for optimal decision-making. Our business supports multiple products, each generating their own unique data. Product owners, engineers, and business analysts throughout the company rely on this data to help make informed decisions. We've built an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) platform dedicated to support disparate internal and external data sources. The platform has been built using mostly open-source tools on Google Cloud Platform.
This role will support, improve, and scale our data operations within EDA. Enablement is responsible for a broad array of activities supporting EDA and the company as a whole to use Zendesk's enterprise data and systems. Under the umbrella of analytics enablement, these activities encompass data product curation, data science, tool and process engineering, training and consultation, and data platform operations. Our work spans all Zendesk products and business domains represented in the Enterprise Data Warehouse. We collaborate with analyst, operations, engineering, and business-facing teams to promote the acquisition of data-driven insights.
Who you are:
* An empowerer: You want to help people help themselves by expanding their access to information and resources. This is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
* A collaborator: You lead on fixing and improving things when they need it, but also bring others along to buy into and support your efforts. You know you can't do it by yourself.
* An agile organizer: A high level of personal organization and enjoy working in a fast-changing, ambiguous environment that requires tracking down and documenting obscure knowledge, interacting with diverse teams, and juggling competing priorities. You enjoy adapting constantly to meet the challenges of the day.
* A pinch hitter: You have an undying commitment to accuracy and follow-through, no matter how mundane the task. You don't just do things, you own them.
What you get to do every day:
* Via our internal Data Team helpdesk, resolve internal end users' data access and platform solving questions; provide access to data resources and tools throughout Zendesk; channel analytics requests and solutions between teams; create and streamline operational processes to bring efficiency to this work
* Communicate verbally and in writing with analysts and data consumers to educate and train on enterprise data and EDA platform and tools, and advise on standard methodologies
* Develop and refine data product documentation (data dictionaries, data models, maintenance processes, etc.) for technical and business audiences; develop self-service and live training materials and enablement tools; train end users
* Support EDA efforts in promoting the build, adoption, scaling, and support of enterprise analytics products and services within a fast-growing company; streamline, optimize, and scale data operations and processes (eg, incident management, feature release communications) within EDA and with external team partners
* Influence how data is accessed and used to drive better business outcomes across the company
What you bring to the role:
* Data skills. You are comfortable with Excel, relational databases and intermediate SQL, and can find your way around analysis projects and data products (dashboards, system integrations, ETL, etc.) to provide access, training, and technical support to end users. You are familiar with concepts like cardinality between tables and inner vs. outer joins.
* Enablement skills. You have a demonstrable ability to train, teach, and explain things to technical and non-technical audiences through written and verbal means.
* Client service skills. You can effectively bridge across diverse partner audiences to connect business needs to technical solutions. You can set and handle partner expectations.
* Organization and process skills. You have the ability to process large amounts of information quickly, identify overarching patterns, and create or refine right-sized processes to improve how fast and effectively operational tasks are getting done.
* 2-3 years experience in a relevant role
* Proven prior business operations, professional services, customer service, training, and/or program management experience
* Coursework / practical experience with data analysis, data modeling, data warehousing, ETL design, intermediate SQL
* Coursework / practical experience in analyzing data trends and presenting analysis results (experience with Tableau or another BI platform a plus)
* Coursework / practical experience with computer science and coding / scripting languages a plus
* Bachelor's Degree
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.