Enterprise Collaboration Administrator
Are you a technology whiz? Do you have experience in computer systems analysis or related field? You may be interested in a career opportunity within the City of Alexandria's Information Technology Services (ITS) Department as an Enterprise Collaboration Administrator (SharePoint). The Enterprise Collaboration Administrator oversees and participates in the architectural design, development, customization, and integration of enterprise collaboration and messaging solutions. This includes team sites, internal and public facing portals, enterprise search solutions, content publishing management and workflow/forms management.
* Collaborate with program/project managers and functional analysts to facilitate the gathering and documentation of project requirements, and participate in all areas of the design, development, testing, implementation, training and support of various SharePoint-related application development projects using an integrated software development process based on industry best practices.
* You will be responsible for the setup configuration and maintenance of software and servers that comprise collaboration infrastructure.
* Develop web applications, administer sites and site collections, and be responsible for establishing and maintaining end-user access while creating an environment to increase online engagement for collaboration users.
* Establish and maintain end-user access policies and permissions and conduct appropriate unit testing and system/integration testing of all developed applications.
* Design and develop and SharePoint platform solutions, portals, applications and reports that support teams.
* Work with technical support staff to coordinate and execute proper migration of developed applications/sites into a production environment
* Manage backup and recovery processes and be responsible for any specialized collaboration databases, meta-data, shared services, email routing services, productivity services, and third-party software/plug-ins utilized in the collaboration solutions.
* Design and planning meetings to support the technical infrastructure needs of various projects and will also provide technical and administrative leadership in collaboration and messaging technologies
* As the subject matter expert, you will review and evaluate current and impending collaboration technology and software products to ensure continual improvement and to meet projected future requirements. rated messaging, reporting tools, and specialized third-party products.
The Ideal Candidate
To be minimally qualified all candidates will possess a four-year college degree in computer science, mathematics or related subjects; three years of progressive experience with computer systems analysis, management analysis, program management, enterprise applications management, relational database management enterprise architecture, or other related disciplines at the enterprise level; and/or any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the position.
About the Department
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Department is responsible for enterprise technology operations for the City of Alexandria. ITS provides technology services and solutions to City departments to enhance service delivery and aligns its work with City needs by providing leadership, resources, expertise, and products that enable departments to better serve the City's residents, businesses, and visitors. All resources support initiatives funded through the multi-year Information Technology Capital Improvement Plan (IT/CIP) to improve the overall technology landscape. The City of Alexandria's ITS Department has been a Top Ten National Finalist in the Digital Cities Award program for the past 13 consecutive years.