Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Enterprise Cloud Architect
Locations: NoEast Region - NJ/NY/Penn
The Enterprise Cloud Architect work closely with Oracle Sales to develop new business to position Oracle's Solutions as support for the largest digital transformations and focus on Oracle Public Cloud Services solutions.
Oracle Enterprise Cloud Architects bridge the gap between business and technology - using the language of business and technology to build conversations for C‐level customers. The Enterprise Cloud Architect combines a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
Ideal Candidates will be seasoned senior level professionals who possess deep experience with technology transformation and have significant experience in cloud technology.
* Lead and execute with a "cloud first" mind set helping customers realize benefits of an Oracle cloud based architecture
* Contribute to and drive large Oracle X-LOB deals including Oracle IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services
* Work in collaboration with local account team (X-stack -infrastructure, technology and applications), Global Client Advisors, and Key Account Directors
* Lead all consultative selling enabling services including domain architects, sales consulting, Business Analyst, etc.
* Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs
* Interact with all roles at customer - including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives
* Articulate the case for change at the cloud and infrastructure level
* Lead detailed discovery analysis for each Project assigned
* Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops
* Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture
* Provide detailed sizing and associated justification
* Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption
* Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins
* Advise on organizational impact of solutions
* Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide
* Possess a broad ranging cloud and architecture tehcnology background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large‐scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
* Be an expert in Cloud Architecture Development
* Hold Cloud certifications (Oracle, AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
* Accomplish hands-on skills with CI/CD & build automation tooling (Chef, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
* Have strong hands-on Linux and/or KVM experience is preferred
* Have a strong understanding of traditional monolithic and cloud-native application frameworks
* Ability to present the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
* Hold and architecture or other appropriate certifications like CISSP, TOGAF, Zachman, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince
* Possess a strong understanding and practical experience in planning and delivering cloud migration projects from traditional on-premise deployment models
* Have Knowledge of:
* Regulatory Compliance frameworks and applying new techniques to meet security and governance in public cloud architectures
* Wide-area and datacenter networking design, protocols, and implementation preferred
* IT market and trends
* Full Oracle stack including Oracle Public Cloud Services
* Cloud competitors including AWS and/or Azure
* Have specific knowledge of:
* Oracle and competitor hardware solutions
* Oracle database and middleware technology
* Oracle applications
* Oracle industry solutions
* Detailed knowledge of:
* Architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
* Have proven success and excellent, poised C-level presentation skills.
* Must be open to travel, as required.
For more information or to send referrals, contact:
Anita Filip | Principal Talent Advisor
Oracle North America Talent Advisory
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.