What you'll be doing...
The Federal Enterprise Architect (EA) will provide overall architectural ownership and solution management Federal, State and Local and Education verticals across all solution towers. The role will provide Enterprise Architecture support to opportunities for large government clients that have a high technical complexity with a total contract value greater than $25M. The Enterprise Architect (EA) is accountable for the End to End solution integrity and for managing the solution through the bid, internal governance and contracting processes to ensure successful delivery and profitability.
Together with the assigned Global Sales Executive, the Enterprise Architect provides leadership of the opportunity team and works with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the client strategy, processes and information technology assets. The role of the Enterprise Architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the client business requirements and the End to End Solution are in alignment. The Enterprise Architect links the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be delivered by the Verizon solution.
You will be responsible for working as a trusted technical advisor/ partner to:
* Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic corporate objectives
* Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology infrastructure with corporate objectives
* Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan
* Translate Client business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements and then communicate the value proposition of the end to end solution.
* Manage the interaction with specific product specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements
* Partner with the bid management organization to build out detailed RFP responses and contract development
* Lead strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures
* Collaborate with the appropriate Verizon and client departments to develop an Architectural Vision and Innovation plan that supports the Client IT strategic goals
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Enterprise Network Design (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
* Contact Center design expertise (UCCED)
* Ability to travel 25-35% of the time.
* Global / international experience in selling solutions / services to major multinationals
* Demonstrable experience in achieving results in a complex, internationally distributed organization
* Ability to develop a conceptual solution architecture using a combination of Verizon standard products and selected third party suppliers to produce an end to end Client solution.
Even better if you have:
* Thorough understanding of solution governance frameworks such as TOGAF.
* Complex Solution development and delivery
* Ability to present at C-Level and down.
* Large outsourcing deal leadership
* Major transformation efforts involving significant organization, process and technology change.
* Organizational and process re-design and implementation
* Solution team development, training and re-engineering to meet business objectives
* Internal business case development based on TCO / RoI /ROCE techniques
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.