About the Job
Enterprise Architects (EA) - Events are a part of the Akamai Customer Event Team and work with Akamai's clients and cross-functional teams within Akamai to ensure the success of live internet events. An Enterprise Architect is a senior level technology leader who provides technical advisory services to key decision makers and provides design and implementation services for the technical development for enterprise customers using the Akamai's Intelligent Edge Platform to deliver internet events.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be expected to:
* Work closely with the account teams and be the technical expert to drive the customer's strategy for events.
* Work alongside account team to evaluate requirements, architect the appropriate solution, and integrate it.
* Identify improvements to Akamai products, platforms and workflows, and advocate for their implementation.
* Actively develop junior staff within Akamai through training and one-on-one mentorship.
* Travel minimally to supported customer's offices and Akamai's major facilities when necessary (5% travel).
* Be flexible in one's work schedule -- as events most often occur outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, another related field or its equivalent.
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science, another related field or its equivalent.
* 8 years in consulting, professional services and/or other customer-facing role focused on delivering technical products or services
* 2 years of experience with Internet technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL
* Minimum 1 year of experience with streaming, OTT Broadcasting, software patch events, game launches, Black Friday commerce season, etc.
* Experience on projects supporting large internet-based events.
* Proven ability working with a Content Delivery Network, and demonstrable knowledge of its function.
* Experience designing, troubleshooting and optimizing scalable web infrastructure or streaming media solutions.
* Software development experience in scripting languages (such as Python, Unix shell scripts, Perl, etc.)
* Experience with full software development lifecycle models.
* Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking with technical depth.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.