Job Title: enterprise architect lead - customer and retail
Enterprise Architecture @ Starbucks
At our core we believe information technology is a key enabler for growth that is required for business success today and in the future. We believe Starbucks must manage its information technology resources and think long term to out-innovate our competitors and deliver maximum value for our partners, customers and shareholders. We believe enterprise architecture is well positioned to see across the business and help Starbucks build scalable solutions. We believe it takes collaboration and partnership to deliver results and we will work across functions to enable individual projects to build sustainable business capabilities- not just fulfill immediate needs.
Job Summary and Mission
Connect to Something Bigger
Each day Starbucks strives to be a differentiated company focused on the human connection demonstrated through the heritage of being performance driven through the lens of humanity.
At Starbucks Technology, we power moments of connection for our customers and partners (employees). Proudly investing in our talent is a key pillar of building the future. Our mission: we are Talented Technologists, Delivering Today, and Leading into the Future. Join our fast-growing team and start your journey with Starbucks Technology.
Starbucks Technology Core Principles:
Agile Mindset: Committed to learning fast, and adjusting course, we're investing in our talent to empower people with an agile mindset.
Services Oriented: We are focused on building services that deliver value to our customers and partners.
Invest in Our People: Our people are our greatest asset. Investing in their curiosity & development is core to how we will invent today and build tomorrow.
Starbucks Enterprise Architect is a senior role with accountability for designing quality systems across a broad set of software applications and platforms while ensuring business performance targets are achieved. Enterprise Architects build domain-specific reference architectures, as well as partner closely with portfolio planning teams to shape solution architectures. Then, take a leadership role during solution delivery. It is a critical role in Starbucks and part of a rich Starbucks Architecture community.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Accountable for ensuring system quality; performance, security, availability, and flexibility
* Responsible for ensuring business performance targets are achieved via their architecture-related contribution to project delivery
* Accountable to manage and optimize the portfolio of applications, data, and technologies in their area
* Accountable to facilitate technology decisions
* Accountable for defining the solution architectures for proposed projects
* Accountable for defining Architecture Policies, Principles, and Standards for their area
* Advocate and user of Agile and collaborative working practices with expert knowledge of related tools and techniques
* Enjoy working in a transparent environment where employees are encouraged to be genuine, express themselves and have the confidence to present information and support their facts and opinions.
Summary of Experience
* Retail industry or other consumer-facing industry experience 5 years
* Overall information technology experience 12 years
* Software engineering and delivery experience 10 years
* Enterprise architecture experience 7 years
* IT Portfolio planning experience 3 years
* Information Technology infrastructure experience 3 years
* Project management 3 years
* Business analysis and design 5 years
* Application build and release management 3 years
* Passion for delivering customer-facing systems
* Foundational understanding Computer Science
* Knowledge of Retail industry
* Skilled leader, communicator, and facilitator, with the ability to effectively manage discussions toward results
* Skilled in methods to define business value and shape solutions to achieve business value at the lowest cost and at the fastest duration possible
* Skilled coach and mentor relevant planning and delivery
* Highly skilled in design patterns and anti-patterns to improve system quality
* Highly skilled in modern technologies that scale
* Highly skilled in building architecture diagrams and models using UML or other standard notation
* Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and listening skills
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation in support of the team
* Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.