The Enterprise Architect is accountable for managing the Watts Global IT solutions architecture, including business applications and technologies as well as supporting Watts IT leadership in overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT projects and initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Designing and maintaining the global Watts IT Solutions reference architecture - including business applications, shared infrastructure and application services - based on the Watts business and IT strategy. * Defining architecture principles and standards to ensure IT solution decisions are aligned with the future architecture vision. * Analyzing the business-IT environment to identify critical deficiencies, and recommending solutions for improvement. * Providing architectural consultation support to IT leadership team members in their respective areas. * Understanding technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to Watts. * Designing and directing the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance. * Supporting the evaluation and selection of software products. * Advising the application and infrastructure teams and projects to fit systems or infrastructure to target architecture. * Ensuring appropriate documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related study
* The role reports directly to the CIO.
* Minimum of seven years of experience in at least two IT architecture disciplines, including solutions or technical architecture, application architecture and development in a multitier environment. * Bachelor's degree in computer science or related study * Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT service management, infrastructure and operations, and enterprise architecture and ITIL frameworks. * Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture, information technology ecosystems, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, APIs, etc. * Vendor- and technology-neutral. * Ability to translate business needs into IT architectural requirements. * Collaborative approach and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization * Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers and business stakeholders. * Capacity to quickly grasp new and complex concepts and trends * Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions. * Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals. * Excellent communication and presentation skills * Proactive, result-oriented and hands-on attitude
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.