The Enterprise Architect contributes to the continuous development of Enterprise systems architecture and frameworks that support core organizational functions. Participates in technical visioning and planning, performs highly technical analyses and studies to develop systems architecture including infrastructure, engineering, and security. The Architect helps establish frameworks and guidelines directing the design and build of solutions and provides ongoing support and guidance to development teams.
* Supports the mapping of business strategy into information strategy
* Understands technology products and vendor strategies
* Understands, models and represents the organizations business strategy in a consumable manner
Develops and maintains current and target state Enterprise Architecture utilizing the TOGAF ADM framework across all four architecture domains with a level of detail commensurate to the business criticality and risk associated with each area to support the planning and impact assessment of current and future initiatives
* Business Architecture: Business strategy, governance, organization, and key business processes
* Data Architecture: Structure of the enterprise's logical and physical data assets and data management resources
* Application Architecture: Blueprint for individual applications deployed or to be deployed, their interactions, and their relationships to the core business processes of the organization
* Technology Architecture: Logical software and hardware capabilities that are required to support the deployment of business, data, and application services including IT infrastructure, middleware, networks, communications, processing, standards, etc.
* Coordinates architecture activities across solution architecture or domain specific architecture functions
* Assists with writing and communicating best practices, standards, and guidelines that support IT team
Research & Best Practices:
* Keeps up on industry trends and best practices. Assists with assessment of industry standards for information models and their applicability to the enterprise.
* Assists with evangelizing adoption of new standards, techniques, products, and methodologies within the organization.
* Assists with socializing architecture principles and artifacts, and with the promotion of enterprise architecture within the organization.
* Drives adoption of identified design patterns, standards, principles, and best practices throughout the development organization
* Ensures that IT projects adhere to the principles, guidelines and standards established by Enterprise Architecture.
* Maintains ongoing communication with project teams, verifying that what was designed was built and adjusting the solution architecture as appropriate throughout the project.
* Balances long-term strategy and short-term project goals.
* Conceptualizes and articulates alternatives to problem resolution.
* Builds consensus across stakeholder groups including management and individual contributors.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, 5 to 7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* TOGAF 9 Certified certification.
* A minimum of 7 years' experience in the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems
* A minimum of 3 years technical leadership and architecture experience.
* Experience in defining architectures that satisfy security, scalability, high availability, and network management/monitoring requirements.
* Experience in specifying system performance requirements, network utilization targets, and system resource budgets and creating stable APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
* Solid knowledge and experience in the definition of Enterprise (business and technical) Architecture using best practice enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF.
* Experience with service-oriented architecture and microservices architecture concepts, web services, automated business processes (BPM), event-driven architecture, and BPEL orchestrations.
* Solid knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
* Advanced knowledge of enterprise application integration and experience with messaging technologies (JMS, Kafka, AMQ).
* Knowledge of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud technologies.
* Knowledge of relevant security, regulatory and compliance matters as they relate to system design (PCI, SOX, ESAPI/OWASP, SAML).
* Ability to derive, define and represent various artifacts within the enterprise framework.
* Ability to work effectively with people from different departments, companies, and customer organizations.
* Ability to understand the business needs for solutions
* Ability to influence the organization to accomplish goals and needs through architecture activities
* Ability to effectively lead others in a matrixed organization
* Ability to communicate technical information in an appropriate manner for widely varied audiences.
* Ability to influence business strategic direction in partnership with key decision-makers, and highly technical resources.
* Excellent oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and diplomatic skills.
* Excellent reasoning and analytical skills.
* Strong skills in cloud architecture, API frameworks and ESB
* Experience with EA modeling tools such as ArchiMate, Avolution ABACUS or Software AG's Alfabet
* Full lifecycle architecture development experience with TOGAF Architectural Development Method (ADM)
IHOP is a multinational house/diner-style table service restaurant chain that specializes in pancakes and burgers.