Aon is looking for an Enterprise Architect
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting enterprise architecture, in Lincolnshire, IL.
Your impact as an Enterprise Architect
* Understanding existing design patterns and standards and applying them when creating solutions for the business.
* Gathering business and application requirements and translating them into IT requirements and vice versa.
* Creating solutions that will satisfy the business requirements while remaining compliant to standards.
* Work with the business and IT engineering to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs.
* Risk Management of information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
* Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
* Work closely with application teams to actively identify & resolve quality issues throughout development and implementation.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5+ years of enterprise or solution architecture experience.
* Experience architecting solutions in Aws or Azure public clouds a must.
* Ability to design large scale solutions that are application focused and make use of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS where appropriate.
* Ability to influence the adoption of opinionated platforms and designs
* Experience in financial or insurance industry a plus.
* DevOps experience a plus.
* Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole ("big picture"-thinking).
* Comprehensive knowledge of application, hardware, software, and systems engineering and architecture.
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
* Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
* Communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
* Project and program management planning and organizational skills.
* Partner with applications, and infra teams to develop decision trees/frameworks for Application Development/Migration to cloud.
* Work with various Business and IT teams to understand their current requirements/pain points, document use cases/tech requirements, and suggest appropriate solutions.
* Developing designs on many clouds public and on-premise.
* Enabling development teams to leverage cloud-native architectures with new and existing applications.
* Experience with setting up a cluster and deploying applications including cloud automation with AWS, Azure or others.
* A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models.
* Knowledge or experience of virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
* Prior experience in developing work effort estimates, high level project plans, budget estimates, etc., are highly desired.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2452759
Category: Infrastructure Services
Location: United States, IL, Lincolnshire
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.