At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment - and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team as a member of our growing Technology Applications & Systems division.
You're great at:
* The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for leading the translation of McKinstry Business Unit technical requirements of McKinstry into long-term architecture solutions, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of Technology digitization efforts and systems.
* Articulates clear priorities. Partners with both the Line of Business Product management leaders and Technology leadership team to deliver a technology vision and framework that ties together new projects/initiatives, infrastructure, and people to transform enterprise technology offerings and deliver on the overall McKinstry business strategy.
* Provides architectural leadership and governance on technology dimensions including reliability, sustainability, and scalability.
* Collaborates with business unit partners, business analysts, stakeholders in vetting appropriate solutions to business problems and advises on preparing requests/proposals for submission to the Technology Steering Committee.
* Partner with Technology leadership team to establish, communicate and evangelize McKinstry process (best practice) for approaching efforts that utilize technology (systems, personnel and/or other resources), documentation, submission, approval, communication, execution, deployment, support, review, etc. Includes criteria for determining "Enterprise" vs. "Business Unit/Opportunity" differences.
* As a member of the Technology leadership team, advises business leaders on the development of new technology; ensures that development efforts are in line with business strategy and that new projects are evaluated in line with business priorities.
* Partners with IT leadership to implement technology projects and activities that establish and maintain Technology as a respected and trusted partner at the business planning table; advises the business on innovative, transformational technology strategies, stewardship/management, and process revisions.
* Will be drawn upon to participate in key, enterprise-wide initiatives that require an in-depth understanding of the legacy and future technology directions and a keen appreciation for the ripple impact of changes, modifications and the introduction of new solutions on the enterprise.
* This person will be relied upon for thought leadership in assessing existing infrastructure, data warehousing, enterprise technology solutions, and for recommending approaches for modernization and driving decision making through innovative technology, process and procedures.
* Enterprise Architecture: Creates/maintains the technical architecture to increase the robustness, performance, and scalability of digitized business systems using cloud, managed solutions and traditional capabilities.
* Enterprise Integrity: Ensure quality design throughout McKinstry's business systems which conform to industry best practices.
* Enterprise Integration: Provide oversight and direction for the design and development of core infrastructure integrations as they interact with business needs and systems.
* Enterprise Security: Recommends and designs solutions that conform to security best practices which protect McKinstry from present, perceived and potential threats.
* Provide expertise and authority for one or more of the following: the definition, implementation and enforcement of technology standards, policies and guardrails.
* Continually review and suggest improvements for Information Architecture processes, models and vision, and explores new and emerging technologies.
* Together with IT leadership and executive leadership, participate in regular Steering Committee to evaluate IT strategic initiatives/proposals for consideration (e.g. pre-project proposal reviews) particularly if they may impact areas of enterprise infrastructure and management.
* Helps establishes systems, tools and processes to provide efficient methods for personnel to propose, request, document and track the state of efforts throughout the systems development life cycle with maximum visibility and minimum distraction and commitment of time.
* Collaborates with partners (LoBs peers, vendors, suppliers, etc.) on ideation of opportunities to use technology to enhance the business and assist in meeting business goals and objectives.
* May be involved in establishing high-level work plans and associated resource requirements for key projects as a member of LOB planning. Will be a senior member of the project team for implementation of key enterprise developments.
* Track progress and communicate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure successful completion of projects/commitments within targeted time, cost, and quality. Interact with LOB partners, 3rd party vendors to highlight the right information, risks, open issues, and the impact on enterprise architecture-related projects.
* Create and participate in McKinstry's technology governance program. Mentor team members on tools and architecture.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
* Must be able to talk in the language of technical developers and then switch with versatility to the language of business leaders and managers required.
* Excellent technical knowledge and passion to be informed on current and leading technology trends; equally passionate and skilled in educating and transforming the business to align and optimize with those trends required.
* Wide exposure to large corporate environments to support but not limited to, Enterprise architecture, storage, virtualizing, networking, security required.
* Five (5) years of enterprise application engineering including enterprise application upgrades, full-scale replacement, and decommissioning required.
* Ten (10) years' experience leading significant technology projects within a corporate environment, including budget, schedule, and people responsibility required.
* Enterprise architectural design experience required.
* Database management experience preferred.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* On-call availability 24 hours 7 days a week.
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry is a design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) company.