We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale-trillions of data points per day-providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Revenue and Growth Team is directly responsible for the vital systems and operations involved in supporting and growing our business worldwide. Working across the problem domains of customer onboarding and provisioning, usage metering, billing calculation, and electronic payments, the team builds, integrates, and automates services that ensure revenue is flowing in the most precise, timely, and secure manner possible.
As an Engineering Lead for the Revenue and Growth Team, you will supervise a fast-moving team of engineers to build and operate user experiences, data pipelines, and container-based applications that handle our business' most mission-critical and sensitive information. You will leverage an in-depth understanding of how our products are built, used, and sold, as you lead the delivery of highly reliable and verifiably-accurate data processing systems. Each day you will make technical decisions that have profound impacts on virtually every part of our company.
* Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
* Write a significant amount of code for new and existing backend and user-facing applications
* Own, secure, and operate production infrastructure
* Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code, architecture, and documentation
* Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
* You have been building applications for 5+ years and know the systems you've worked on from top to bottom
* You have significant experience in both full-stack application development and data integration
* You have managed a team of software engineers, and enjoyed it
* You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
* You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
* You have significant experience building and operating software in one or more of the following domains: e-commerce, financial systems, telecommunications billing
* You are deeply familiar with Spark and/or Hadoop
* You're an enthusiastic adopter / practitioner of container-based application deployment, e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos, or similar
* You have experience with electronic payment processing at scale
* You're familiar with industry-standard practices and constraints regarding data security, privacy, and other regulatory compliance burdens, and you're ready to apply this knowledge in your team's engineering efforts
Datadog is a company developing a monitoring and analytics platform for developers and IT operations teams.