We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale-trillions of data points per day-providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Compute team builds the infrastructure and software that provides Kubernetes as a service to the rest of Datadog. The team's primary focus is on delivering a stable, resilient, and scalable platform.
With enough scale, even statistically infrequent problems can cause widespread issues. In order to ensure stability, the Team strives to understand the root cause of recurring issues and develop a thorough understanding of low-level systems.
As the Team Lead for our Compute team, you will guide your team of talented engineers to build and extend the next-generation scalable infrastructure platform that powers our products around the world. All of Datadog's products rely on this platform to live, breath, and grow. You will work with teams across to company to make sure that we're providing an extensible and future-proof platform for Datadog as we are today and in the future.
In a typical week as an Engineering Team Lead, you might:
* Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
* Mentor other engineers on your team
* Design a new service and write an architecture RFC
* Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
* Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
* Plan the most important projects to work on next
* You have managed a team of software engineers
* You have extensive experience working with Kubernetes and Linux Containers in production at scale
* You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high-scale, owning significant pieces of infrastructure
* You apply a Systems programming methodology to designing low-level, high-scale systems
* You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
* You are a true expert in one of our core platform technologies: eBPF, Linux Cgroups, Container runtime, Networking, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, etc.
* You have made contributions to open-source projects or have been involved in communities in this domain
* You've been a core contributor to complex projects with teams of engineers
* You've built consensus with many engineering teams in your organization to ship critical projects
Is this you? Let's chat!
Datadog is a company developing a monitoring and analytics platform for developers and IT operations teams.