At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Engineering System Administrator role serves as a technical IT resource for Global Engineering (USA and India) for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. Working with minimal supervision, this individual ensures that existing systems are maintained and configured, providing a fast, stable and secure working environment for Engineering. This role includes using independent judgment, acting as a primary contact for escalations of Engineering related problems, and working closely with Global IT.
* Responsible for the Windows systems planning, design, implementation and support. Will also be working with Linux and Unix systems. Continually acts to improve systems reliability through preventive maintenance, feature enhancements, automations, and support contracts.
* Much of the focus will be working with our vSphere virtual environment: creating, maintaining, moving, and updating virtual machines used for testing and development. These VMs will be in multiple languages.
* Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, and contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Install and maintain certificates for SSL environments which requires ability to work in a command line non UI environment.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Responsible for Tier 2 support and when needed, will provide help for Tier 1 support including install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to maintain required desktop service levels
* Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks by creating and maintaining command-line and PowerShell scripts. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
* Work with other IT teams to install business required software and hardware. All software and hardware must be installed in accordance with IT guidelines and in a manner that is consistent with internal security requirements.
* Recommend and assist in new technology initiatives.
* Suggest improvements to processes and procedures, and work with other technical staff to implement improvements.
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
* It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of Enterprise System support certification and experience.
* At least 5 years of Systems Administration experience supporting Windows servers and virtual infrastructure using vSphere with back-end storage.
* Able to create and maintain PowerShell scripts.
* Mac, tablets & mobile device experience is desirable.
* Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
* Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About Osi Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.