Meet CarGurus-the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we're building the world's most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it's easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for an Engineering Support Specialist to join our growing Learning & Knowledge Management (LKM) team. The LKM team sits within our Engineering organization and helps empower engineers to work more effectively. The Engineering Support Specialist will assist senior leaders across our Engineering organization, with an emphasis on Learning & Knowledge Management. The Support Specialist will help the Engineering organization run. From coordinating cross-team meetings to keeping engineers in-the-know to booking team building events, this support role will juggle a variety of assignments from multiple Eng leaders.
If you are a self-starter with a bias for action and a passion for helping others, and are undeterred by changing priorities and varying work assignments, then this role may be right for you.
Your Day Might Include:
* Scheduling meetings including book clubs, tech talks, and Eng-wide updates
* Keeping engineers informed through a variety of internal communications channels
* Video recording presentations
* Contributing to our wiki documentation
* Meeting with Engineering leaders to identify additional work assignments
* Booking team building events
* Chipping in wherever you can help
Who You Are:
* You have experience in a support role
* You have exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
* You have a bias for action and are driven to execute assignments in a timely fashion
* You are hungry to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
* You enjoy working collaboratively to identify and complete work assignments
If you work best when supporting a single leader or only on one task at a time, then this role probably isn't for you. We're looking for a driven individual who can effectively handle competing requests from several different leaders, some with very short lead times. To be successful, you will need to have a bias for action, be able to prioritize assignments, work well under pressure, and keep stakeholders informed of your progress.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we're nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we're as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you'd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
CarGurus operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars worldwide.