Cognex is a global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. Our employees, proudly called "Cognoids," are passionate about solving the most difficult vision problems, and get to work with others who take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. And our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes achievement and dedication with unique rewards and celebrations.
We are looking for creative, bright, motivated Cognoids who share our passion for excellence and want to make an impact at a dynamic, global company. We celebrate our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment. If you enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from working together to create products that solve tough problems for organizations around the world, contact us to see how you can become part of our team!
This position is in the ID Products business unit, which is responsible for designing and developing the most sophisticated industrial bar code readers in the world. We combine custom hardware, specialized lighting and optics, and world-class vision algorithms to create embedded systems that can find and read high-density symbols on package labels or marked directly on a variety of industrial parts, including aircraft engines, electronics substrates, and pharmaceutical test equipment. Our devices need to read hundreds of codes per second, so the team needs to optimize hardware and software altogether to create best in class technology.
The ID Products Business Unit is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated candidates with a passion for results!
You will work on our product development teams, building your toolbox of software development, key technology and customer application knowledge. You will get opportunity to visit our most important customers, collaborate with our multi-nation development teams, and get exposure to complex and challenging problems involving software and system development and testing.
* Work on a product team to prototype and develop innovative features and solutions on top of Cognex products and technology
* Learn and improve key technologies for barcode reading applications (communications and networking protocols, lighting and optics, etc.)
* Ensure high-quality product by developing test automation and test plans
* Debug and troubleshoot in a hardware and software environment
* Understand our products and our customers applications to provide optimal solutions
* Support and communicate with Cognex customers and internal teams
* On-site customer visits to support installation or diagnose issues (Typical 25%)
Knowledge, Skills , and Abilities:
* High energy and motivated learner
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Software development in C, C#, and Java Script required
* Experience with software development processes, source code control, formal bug tracking desired
* Experience with embedded systems, networking, wireless communications, vision/image-processing and optics all desired
* Team player with ability to work effectively on multi-site development projects
* Good presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Minimum education and work experience required:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer, or Robotics Engineering required
* Ability to program in C, C#, Java Script a must
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.