Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. That's where you come in.
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we aggressively support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own particular security risk profile and complex challenges.
At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help deliver value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
As a Security Operations Manager, you will regularly monitor and analyze security efforts across Riot and for our players. You will quickly detect, analyze and respond to various threat actors across the globe. Your ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats, but technically by developing tools (e.g. automate security processes) is vital to our success. From working closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, you would help protect Riot and our players.
* Build and lead projects that contribute towards Information Security's long-term goals
* Lead a highly technical team in one or more of the following areas: Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics.
* Maintaining and nurturing security intelligence connections and using this information to protect Riot and our Players.
* Triage and investigate security events
* Build and improve security strategies for complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities
* Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle
* Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations
* Mentor junior engineers and help level-up their deep understanding of Information Security
* Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
* Recruit and interview high quality engineers and continue to attract top talent to Riot's Information Security team
* Champion Security initiatives to senior management, product leads and engineers.
* Developing and tracking metrics to ensure Riot's goals and the teams goals are being met and constantly improved upon.
* Cloud Infrastructure and Services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
* Forensics (networking, memory, disk)
* Logging & data analysis infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)
* System Automation
* Reverse engineering, debugging, and analysis skills
* Networking and application systems
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.