Engineering Manager, Security San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox security team is responsible for securing data at a massive scale. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well staffed security team of talented individuals. If you are looking to lead a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact and varied work, this is a good choice.
Dropbox is looking for an experienced Engineering manager to join our growing Security Team. In this role you will manage the Detection, Alerting and Response Team (DART), lowering risks to Dropbox by ensuring Dropbox's enterprise has excellent detection tooling, alerting rules and robust responses.
* You will lead and grow the DART team
* You will drive strategy and plans to ensure the best possible posture for detection, alerting and response capabilities
* You will work directly with Security Team leadership to make the best decisions for the security of the Dropbox enterprise
* You will work closely with Dropbox's IT and Services organization, as well the Enterprise Infrastructure Security and Production Infrastructure Security teams to ensure robust tooling is present everywhere it needs to be
* You will keep tabs on changes in the security industry, changes in attacker behavior and changes in the threat landscape, deploy appropriate new detection, alerting and response capabilities
* You will regularly assess and test Dropbox's capability to detect and respond to attacks
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 10+ years of total security experience, including 2+ years with direct management responsibility for a security team
* Specific deep security experience in the detection, alerting, or threat intelligence space
* Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company's security posture
* Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution
* Strong on analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints
* Ability to mentor team members on having the highest possible impact
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.