About Trip Platform
Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip. Additionally, the team provides generic solutions enabling integration that supports our existing and future businesses; making it easier to launch new offerings and cheaper to maintain existing ones.
About Search Experience
The Trip Platform Search team is responsible for creating a cohesive strategy for search across all of our businesses (Homes, Experiences, Luxe, Plus, Transportation). We ship product features to enable our guests to plan the end-to-end trip, and build platforms to allow our partners from different businesses to integrate their content. The Search Experience team drives the product strategy for the user experience and focuses on creating highly performant, scalable client applications. The team has been recently working on:
* A new paradigm for gathering guest preferences and helping them plan their end-to-end trip.
* A redesigned homepage to improve our search conversion for new users.
* Filter recommendations leveraging a flexible server driven system to allow filters to be easily customizable on all frontend clients with purely a backend change.
* A ultra-lightweight version of our landing pages to reduce time to interactive for new guests.
* Continuous experimentation on our search results page by improving the cards, maps, filters, and educational content.
* A server-driven component library of search results and user-education that can be easily customized by our partner teams.
* Creating highly performant native apps by improving app startup, rendering time, as well as scroll and animation.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
* 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
* Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
* Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
* Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
* Been actively involved in setting product strategy
* Independently started self-sustaining teams
* Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.