We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Infrastructure team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We're currently using GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we're also interested in your experience and suggestions. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to create a world-class engineering environment at Cruise, by building & deploying services which improve productivity, process, and culture.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
* Build systems capable of simulating millions of miles of driving every day, reporting the results, and obtaining metrics from these
* Work with Engineering Director(s) and Technical Program Managers to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
* Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
* Serve as an embodiment of our values
* Utilize a combination of open source and in house developed software to meet company goals
* Work with technical lead(s) to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
* Drive software engineering best practices both within your team, and create tooling which encourages these across the company
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 2+ years experience managing teams who support scalable production systems
* 5+ years experience in software engineering roles
* Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Node.js, or Python
* Expert level understanding of GCP or AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD workflows, and security best practices
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Experience writing Go, or a desire to learn
* Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
* Experience writing modern production C++ applications
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.