Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you're probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can't tell we're there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build technology for our unique solutions in the payments space.
You will work closely with our Platform teams to scale and operate the network systems that power Braintree. Network Infrastructure is critical to our uptime and performance for all of our products and applications. You'll help define and execute our evolving network architecture that span our data centers, partners, and the cloud.
* Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams work in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you and collaborate with.
* We value automation and believe in treating infrastructure as code, for rapid and reliable deployments of platform changes.
* We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvement.
* We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
As Engineering Manager for Network Infrastructure, you will work closely with your technical lead and stakeholders to lead a team delivering the best solutions for our customers. You will develop a deep understanding of the people, technologies, practices of your team, and apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution. You will support the self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
You will lead a team that:
* Scales and operates our mission-critical network across multiple physical data centers and Amazon Web Services
* Plans and executes network operations and maintenance without planned downtime
* Operates Juniper switch equipment and open-source routing tools
* Manages connectivity and peering with partners and third parties
* Automates configuration management and orchestration with Puppet, Terraform, and Ansible
* Implements routing protocols like BGP and OSPF to connect our platforms and services
* Troubleshoots network connectivity and performance problems in a Linux environment
* Own efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives
* Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1s, and giving feedback
* Own and continuously refine the processes and communication strategies your team uses to build and support technology
* Work with your Tech Lead and stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood
* Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built
* Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
* Product conferences: we support our team members participating in the development community and help cover travel and attendance costs for product conferences
* Check out our Careers page for more company perks
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!
BrainTree is a company that specializes in mobile and web payment systems for e-commerce companies.