Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager for Monetization, you will be responsible for all things virtual economy at Roblox, from purchasing and selling virtual items to the real time bidding of advertising slots. The Monetization team maintains a virtual marketplace that handles over 4 million transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top developers earning millions of dollars each year.
* A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
* Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (website, iOS, and Android)
* Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
* Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
* Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
* Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications
* Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
* Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
* Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
* Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
* Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
* Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
* Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
* Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
* Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
* Rockstar status with our community
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role-play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.