We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our mobile security team works to prevent security and fraud incidents from occurring on Square's mobile applications, and to enable new payments products with both security- and compliance-driven functionality. We build mobile and backend systems that detect and respond to attempted theft of sensitive data, and we surface the technical indicators we collect to internal systems that protect the Square ecosystem from fraudsters. We're part software developer, part security researcher, and part data scientist, and we take pride in working in multiple technical domains to ship secure products.
We're looking for an engineering manager to lead a team of exceptional engineers that are enabling Square to build products that no one else has built.
* Own the delivery and success of critical security functionality in our mobile applications
* Collaborate with many teams and functions across Square to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions
* Grow the team by hiring exceptional talent, and providing high quality feedback and coaching
* Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatic decision-making, and urgency in the team
* Help set strategic direction for the security engineering team and broader information security organization at Square
* Grow your career in an engaged and innovative engineering community that ships amazing products
* Experience as a people lead, with demonstrated ability to ensure the success and growth of your team members
* A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
* Experience with either development of mobile/embedded security functionality, or with security detection and response
* Interest in working across multiple technical domains, including backend microservices and iOS/Android clients
* A passion for using security engineering as an enabler for product teams
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.