In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
The League of Legends Reliability Engineering team is focused on building processes, systems, and tools to make the back-end services easier to operate. This includes databases, queues, several key microservices, caches, telemetry systems, and reporting tools. We also develop and support the pipelines and processes to build, test, and deploy the game - which touches nearly every team within the League of Legends organization and allows us to release the bi-monthly patches to tens of millions of customers around the world.
As an Engineering Manager on the Reliability team you will report into League's Sustainability Initiative Engineering Lead. In the role, you will offer creative solutions to organizational and software design. You'll serve as a mentor for multiple engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and instilling balanced accountability models. You will also work with the other discipline leads to guarantee a clear vision is in place and that the team understands and executes against that vision.
* Partner with the product management team and influence the product vision
* Building great teams, maintaining team health, and delivering results
* Performance management, hiring, and career development for the team members
* 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering, managing and guiding leaders and team members through influence rather than command and conquer techniques
* Resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems
* Previous Knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture
* Experience operating and supporting production services
* Experience leading teams that specifically build and ship public-facing software.
* Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (preferred), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
* Experience presenting and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority
* Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
* Open paid time off
* Retirement benefits with company matching
* Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
* Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
* We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.