In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
The Reliability Engineering team is focused primarily on building processes and tools to make the back-end services easier to operate. This includes deployment systems, telemetry systems, and reporting tools. This team is also responsible for the fundamental core of how we develop LoL. We support the pipelines and processes to build, test, and deploy the game - which touches nearly every team within the League of Legends organization. We are also responsible for the tooling that enables releasing the bi-monthly patches to tens of millions of customers around the world.
Engineering Managers are members of their teams' leadership teams. They share in the accountability (as do all the members of the team's leadership team) for ensuring the team has a good product vision. As leaders, you will work with your team's leads to ensure a clear vision is in place, the team understands the vision, and the team is aligned to the vision. This also means pushing back when needed, giving feedback, and ensuring everyone is aligned.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You'll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and instilling balanced accountability models for performance.
At Riot, we hold Engineering Managers have a broad set of responsibilities, including:
* Influencing Product Vision
* Delivering Results
* Effective Communication
* Building Great Teams
* Maintaining Team Health
* Performance and Development
* Managing Tension
* 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer
* Proven experience (3+ years) as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering, preferably working on teams that build and ship public-facing software.
* Experience growing and scaling organizations to meet the needs of the business.
* Working and present knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and operating and supporting production services.
* Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority within the organization.
* Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
* Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members via influence rather than command and conquer techniques.
* Demonstrated experience in automating build/test/release processes.
* Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (strong preference), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.