TuneIn - Engineering Manager, iOS
Engineering Manager, iOS
San Francisco, CA
Engineering - Client
Apply for this job
Our mission is to deliver the world's best listening experiences. Every day we make good on that promise for millions of listeners through our flagship mobile and web applications along with more than 200 connected devices and services.
About TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We make time for quality, we are agile and pragmatic, we keep it simple, we are data driven, and we love getting better. Check out our principles here: https://github.com/tunein/engineering/blob/master/Principles.md
We regularly invest time in your future and support growth, and we show this in a number of ways-clear job responsibilities and expectations for your career path, freedom to move teams, Mission Teams to contribute more broadly, and our quarterly Discovery Days, whereby you spend time in the form of building innovative features, products, or approaches to problems ("hackathon" like); addressing nagging issues or problems that take time away from adding value to TuneIn; or simply learning a new technology.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented Engineering Manager for the following:
* Lead our iOS team to maintain and enhance our iOS apps, our timely releases, and the team culture.
* Manage and nurture our iOS engineers, including iOS QA, and ensure that they are empowered to be productive, are challenged, and are engaged.
* Contribute to the design and architecture of our iOS apps that are in use by millions of users.
* Review existing product, architecture and coding patterns, and develop and execute initiatives to improve overall performance, and further increase our failure-free rate from our current 99.9%.
Who You Are
* Ability to lead agile engineering teams, communicate flawlessly, and can take our unique engineering culture to new heights.
* Have 6+ years of iOS and mobile app development experience, and can understand challenges presented by platform and IDE.
* 3+ years of engineering management experience
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, and have experience developing software for other platforms.
* Provide technical leadership in establishing best engineering practices, adopting new language and algorithmic patterns and paradigms.
* Comfortable to roll up your sleeves and directly contribute to development efforts.
* Have experience tracking vital metrics to detect issues and trends early and mitigate risk.
TuneIn brings together live sports, music, news, and podcasts - hear what matters most to you! With live, on-demand and original content, we are one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world with 75 million monthly active users. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations globally and more than 5.7 million podcasts, and is available for free across 200 platforms and connected devices - our listeners can always find what they love while discovering new things.
Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, commercial-free top news networks like MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News Talk, and a wide array of commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
TuneIn is an audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, sports, music, and podcasts.