At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
We are growing our embedded SRE team and are in search of an experienced Engineering Manager - Embedded SRE, who is interested in building this team, and the SRE discipline to set the standard of service for Fitbit. Are you looking for a role where you can have a lasting impact on the company as well as the users? Do you want the opportunity to create a team that has the power to lead a shift in the entire culture and approach to building resilience into our products? Our unique challenge will apply SRE principles to not only the backend but also mobile and IoT use cases. If you have experience helping a team build their own culture while being embedded by infecting the engaged teams with the SRE culture, join Fitbit and make a difference!
Who You Are:
* BS in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience
* Have managed geographically dispersed teams and/or remote employees
* Have managed in an embedded environment and have the experience to create a team across embedded engineers.
* Experience defining engagement models that clearly set expectations for team engagements.
* 4+ years of professional experience in software engineering management
* Aptitude for communication and collaboration
* Enjoy mentoring and helping others be their best
* Collect and provide constructive input to team members, peers, management, and stakeholders
* Coaching and working with other teams to build scalable and reliable software
* Mentoring team members and other engineers
* Contribute to the the goals of a globally-distributed team and be willing to take an active role in helping the team deliver results
* Contribute process improvements that boost productivity and quality
* Working in conjunction with the Core SRE team
* Experience scaling teams in growing organizations
* Prior experience working in or managing employees in a matrix organization
* Familiarity with Agile frameworks at scale
* Knowledge of performance considerations and resilience in implementation
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a company providing wearable devices with software and services that help users reach their health and fitness goals.