Minted is looking for an up and coming Engineering Manager who can leverage their technical experience to take a lead role in designing and building a robust customization platform and being a steward of the bottom of our ecommerce funnel. You will work closely with Minted's highly data driven and analytical product management and business development teams to find the best way to serve our customers. We are seeking a leader who can be responsible for strategy, managing engineers toward deliverables, as well as performing hands-on coding. You will manage an agile team, rapidly designing, developing, testing and deploying revenue generating products in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are a growing, hands-on, and fast-moving organization. Our engineers to take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles. Regardless of who you are on the engineering team, you will contribute to and have a big impact on the final product from day one. We have a strong culture of mentoring and promoting from within, as well as project roadmap that enables us to cross-train and learn from one another. We place a lot of emphasis on good engineering practices while retaining the flexibility of allowing each engineering team to have independent agile processes. Diversity is important to us, and we treat each other with respect and empathy.
We are a metrics-driven organization and strive to measure the impact of every feature and improvements we make. We believe in true internal transparency and share information widely across teams and departments. We believe that an engineer who fully understands the business considerations and long-term vision builds better products.
* Take a lead role in building complex software systems including architectural proposals, code reviews and hands on coding
* Organize workstreams to meet deadlines and modernize and upgrade our product customizer across all verticals, primarily focusing on Holiday and Wedding
* Work closely with product management to implement and constantly groom a complex backlog of projects related to product customization, cart, checkout, and growth
* Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability, testing and measurement
* Be a talent builder to attract, mentor, and retain best in class engineers
* Obsessive about team organization and feature delivery
* Up to speed with the latest web technologies and industry best practices
* Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Collaborative and candid with non-engineering stakeholders including PM and UX
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years professional experience as a software developer
* Technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based design and scaling
* Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs
* Experience dealing with resource contention and scalability issues in multi-threaded web applications
* In-depth understanding of computer science principles including data structures, programming languages, operating systems, software engineering, databases, hardware, and networking
* 3+ years of experience building a high-volume, high-performance consumer website
* Previous management experience
* Experience developing e-commerce platforms
* Experience with streaming architectures
* Experience with payment processing
* Experience with image rendering
* Experience with growth initiatives
* Familiarity with logging, monitoring, tracking and deployment tools/APIs
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a company building a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.