Docker Inc. is the company behind The Docker Project: the open platform to build, ship, and run distributed applications.
We are on a mission to make software development, deployment, and management easier for our customers. As part of this initiative, we're looking for engineering manager that can help grow teams around certain core capabilities that we offer at Docker.
As a manager, you'll be responsible for contributing to and translating our product vision into a set of architecturally sound services and components. We have a growing team and as a manager you will have the visibility and work with your peers across product development, the field team, and senior executives. This position is a great growth opportunity for an ambitious and qualified engineering manager.
* Own end to end responsibilities of major parts of Docker's offerings (such as Docker Enterprise or Docker Hub).
* Develop project plans and deliver them via a continuous delivery model.
* Interface with product and design leaders in identifying product objectives that drive Docker's business objectives, and contribute to your team's roadmap.
* Work with business leaders to help recruit and onboard critical customers
* Represent your team and Services, and communicate plans and status at exec level meetings
* Manage and mentor a world-class engineering team, helping each individual achieve their career goals
* Plan for long term growth and help recruit excellent engineering talent
* 3+ years of combined experience in managing software teams of 8+ engineers.
* Experience guiding a team to build, ship and maintain web scale services.
* 5+ years experience working in the enterprise software industry
* B.S. Computer Science degree, or equivalent professional experience
* Comfortable in dealing with change and uncertainty during the software development lifecycle
* Direct experience shipping applications at web scale
* Hands-on knowledge with Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team
* English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today's organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker's container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.
Docker is an open platform for distributed applications that allows developers and sysadmins to build, ship and run distributed applications.