Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As an engineering manager in the discovery infrastructure team, you will have ownership of Twitch's highly available and distributed services, which support discovery experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for a passionate engineering manager who is excited to solve problems at massive scale in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
You will collaborate with product and partner manager teams to build innovative discovery experiences for Twitch's viewer base. You will lead a talented team of engineers to scale existing systems and create new ones. You will mentor and develop your team and work with them to support their career goals.
At Twitch, which now is part of Amazon, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
* Manage a software engineering team that designs, builds, and maintains back-ends for Twitch's discovery products and related services
* Manage robust and highly scalable systems in order to stay ahead of the exponentially growing demand
* Set goals and strategies for the deployment of large-scale web based services
* Influence and establish best engineering practices through strong operational excellence principles, architectural decisions, processes, and tools
* Provide leadership in an innovative and fast paced environment
* Manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve the discovery experience at Twitch
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience
* 5+ years of software development experience designing and building web based scalable services
* 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
* Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
* Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
* Experience architecting and building applications or web services at scale
* MS or PhD in CS or related field
* Demonstrated ability to lead engineers to deliver high quality technology products/services
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing large scale distributed systems
* Knowledge of GO programming and its ecosystem for production ready systems
* Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
* Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.