At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their customer data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss.
We make this easy with a single pipeline that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch.
Historically, we've built integrations with more than 250 different customer data tools ourselves (think Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Stripe).
This March, we opened up our Developer Center. For the first time, new companies could build integrations upon Segment data, using our self-service workflow. In that time, we've onboarded 41 separate companies, each of whom built endpoints to work with our spec.
We're now looking for an Engineering Manager to help us expand our platform…we want to offer every kind of developer the means to use Segment data.
Projects we're working on
We want to give our users and partners:
* the ability to submit custom logic which we run as part of a high-throughput pipeline (think high throughput Lambda at 1/1000th the cost)
* the ability to query Segment data on the fly, from a big multi-tenant database (online data of our user's users)
* new superpowers to combine, modify, and transform data coming through the pipeline (create a visual chain of transformations and steps)
We want to do all of this across a pipeline which processes hundreds of thousands of events per second for some of the worlds largest brands, like Github, Nike, and Intuit.
What we do
* We implement high-performance data pipelines with Go, Kafka, and Docker
* We're focused on building incredible developer experiences, with tools like our debugger, event delivery view, and asynchronous client libraries
* We handle billions of messages per day, putting a premium on correctness
Who you are
* You have experience building distributed systems which handle tens of thousands of RPS
* You can lead engineering projects from start to finish
* You love the challenge of building a platform, where users will surprise and delight you with what they build
Tools we use
* AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, and more!)
* Experience running scalable (thousands of RPS) and reliable (three 9's) systems.
* CS or EE degree or relevant industry or open source contributor experience.
* Great computing fundamentals and shown ability to write code that solves real problems using a statically typed programming language.
* Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
* Experience with implementing large-scale event processing pipelines, preferably using streaming technologies.
* Well-versed in concurrent programming.
* Familiar with good practices for deploying and testing code into a production environment.
* 2+ years of experience in a public cloud environment like AWS or Azure.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Segment is a company that develops a platform for collecting customer data.