Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Video Developer Infrastructure team researches and recommends best practices, develops processes and automation to promote best practices, and recommends or builds tools to increase developer efficiency. Our video engineering group is responsible for delivering high quality live video streams to our end users as our platform grows, while also continuing to iterate on features that add business value, improve operational efficiency, and optimize our delivery costs.
You will use your experience building effective organizations and scalable processes to help scale engineering and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered efficiently and with high quality. You will work closely with the individual contributors and leads on your teams, as well as cross-team with engineering, product, operations, and business leadership. You will ensure our core products stay stable and scale indefinitely while new are products delivered faster as we grow. The ideal candidate will have spent 5+ years as a hands-on engineer solving hard scaling problems horizontally, and then at least 3 years leading and building a team of engineers to do the same.
* Attract and retain top engineering talent
* Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth; then identify, plan, and execute projects to support said growth
* Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
* Define vision for excellence at Twitch for your teams, and then deliver on it
* Provide top level architectural direction to team leads and engineers to maintain a high standard of engineering quality
* Maintain a long term focus on operational excellence
* Strong leadership and communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
* Strong organizational skills
* At least 2 years of hands on management experience building engineering teams to deliver and maintain complex systems
* 8+ years of hands on development experience building and scaling complex systems
* You know Go and have used it in production ready systems
* Experience with live video systems
* Experience with product management
* Experience with AWS products
* Experience migrating large developer organizations from one technology to another
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.