Locations: San Francisco, CA
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
* Drive the vision for Data engineering and Data warehousing across Rally and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
* Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to unify and expand our existing systems during rapid business growth
* Drive the design and launch of new data models and data pipelines in production
* Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our processes
* Collaborate to build engineering culture and best practices
* Define and manage SLAs for all data processes running in production
* Lead execution of projects and partner with various leaders in Engineering, Product and other teams as needed
* Continue to sharpen your technical skills through code reviews, design discussions and individual contributions
* 7+ years of relevant data engineering work experience
* A Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience
* 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
* 3+ years of hiring, managing and mentoring a team of data engineers
* Data architecture experience
* Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
* Track record in partnering with recruiting on hiring to build incredible engineering teams
* Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
* Independently started self-sustaining teams
* Been actively involved in setting product strategy
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
* BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a company providing personalized data-driven information and recommendations.