Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Engineering - Algos & Data Science team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Within the Algorithms space, we partner with Data Scientists to create the algorithms that power Wayfair's pricing, costs, and search capabilities. As an engineering manager, you'll have a large impact, building the team and platform to help perfect, scale, and robustify cutting edge machine learning solutions.
What You'll do:
* Deep dive into core Algorithms
* Initial training in data science and big data manipulation
* Writing thoughtful and performant SQL and Python code
* Build your team
* Rigorously test out new algorithms and pricing logic
* Partner with Data Science team to rapidly iterate on existing algorithms
* Partner with the Calculators team to integrate algorithms into core pipeline
Recent Algorithms Projects:
* Competitor product matching model that feeds the pricing model
* New elasticity model with pricing optimization over product groups
* New gamification model to solicit supplier discounts and optimize shelf space allocation
Who you are:
* You have a passion for solving difficult, quantitative problems
* You are interested in Data Science and solving Big Data problems
* You're a teacher and coach. You insist on the highest standards and want to instill those values in those you lead.
* You care about technology, but you don't care about it for its own sake. You're not married to specific tools. You're comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems.
* Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
What you'll need:
* Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
* A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 6+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
* Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
* Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.