Want to lead a team of software engineers who celebrate curiosity, collaboration, and technical excellence? Join Vimeo's OTT Monetization & Insights team! You'll manage 5-10 engineers and partner with product to define your team's roadmap.
At Vimeo OTT, we help video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products and viewers watch and pay for videos.
You'll work on some of these projects: multi-currency checkout, video ads, multiple subscription tiers, and pay-per-view for live events.
What you'll do:
* Manage 5-10 software engineers
* Ensure your team ships features incrementally, while balancing on-time delivery and high-quality engineering
* Create a first-rate engineering team by deciding on KPI's, defining a technical strategy and roadmap, and mentoring each engineer
* Ensure that everyone on your team loves to be here by working with each engineer individually and by fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
* Code, pair, review pull requests, and architect systems to make your team more effective and set best practices
* Plan product features that help our video businesses by collaborating with your entire cross-functional product team
* Tailor our interview process to hire a diverse group of great engineers who have the specific skills your team needs to be successful
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
* You've guided engineers (both less and more senior than you) on how to communicate their needs and concerns to non-technical coworkers and how to speak clearly and compassionately to other engineers
* You've been a tech lead for an agile product team, with experience in delivering small iterations, partnering with product to understand users, and focusing the team on user metrics
* You've supported reports and held them accountable to goals through 1-1's, feedback, and performance reviews
* You've led an engineering team to set KPI's and a technical roadmap that improves velocity, reduces bugs, and supports product needs
* You've created a team culture that is inclusive of all people by fostering open and respectful communication, learning what each person needs to feel comfortable expressing themselves, and hiring and retaining a diverse group of people
* You've practiced and taught engineering best practices and great architecture through coding, code reviews, pairing, documentation, technical proposals, and mentoring
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world's largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We're committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.