Engineering Manager - Core Advertiser Experience
San Francisco, CA
Whether you're launching a product, promoting your brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter Ads help you reach your goals. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help us grow the team, lead projects, mentor extremely smart junior engineers and take your skills to the next level while having a huge impact? Read on.
Who We Are:
Core Advertiser Experience team is responsible for some of the most critical interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers through which most of Twitter's $3.04B in revenue flow. These encompass desktop UI, mobile UI, and programmatic access via APIs. Our products are used by advertisers of all sizes - from the world's largest brands and agencies to SMBs and personal brands. We play a vital role in affecting all advertising revenue at Twitter. We achieve this by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and User Researchers with a focus on scale, usability, performance, and impact. We're a truly full stack team with expertise in mobile, web, backend and data and our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution.
Our team is heavily web centric and we're committed to adopting a state of the art client side development stack. We're one of the early adopters of a bunch of modern web technologies and state of the art backend (see below). It's a great opportunity to grow your leadership skills and deepen your expertise in full stack application development. We're looking for a technical, product savvy and industry experienced engineering leader to join the Core Advertiser Experience team to lead a stellar group of passionate and talented engineers.
Come build the next generation of products that empower marketers to tell the most interesting, relevant stories in the world, and make a meaningful contribution to an iconic company.
What You'll Do:
We believe passion and personality matter. As such, we need someone who can lead teams of diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements. A successful engineering manager will:
* Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
* Be responsible for the group's technical strategy and roadmap - creating success metrics and prioritizing the team's work in close collaboration with other engineering teams and Product Managers.
* Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones.
* Be an engineering and data science talent magnet to make the team successful in your established mission.
* Be ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team.
Who You Are:
* You are a successful lead engineer and/or hands-on manager. Not only strong technically, you have shown that you can raise those around you through mentoring, and can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams.
* You have knowledge of and experience with techniques used in data processing, machine learning, recommendation systems, or natural language processing.
* You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
* You have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated with tech leads and senior engineers, Product Managers, Designers and other disciplines to deliver, and can explain complex technical issues accurately to technical and non-technical audiences
* You have the ability to gather product & business requirements, gut checks new ideas and proposals. Proven track record establishing and driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements in systems
Details about stack:
* Client: React.js, babel, flow, redux, less css.
* Server: Finatra, web server written in Scala
* Services: Thrift services based off of Twitter Server written in Scala
* Data Processing: Mapreduce jobs written in Scalding and real time jobs in Storm
* Mobile client: Native iOS and Android along with web views
* Deep experience shipping large-scale full-stack applications
* Deep experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
* Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.