Engineering Manager, CI Infra at Airbnb
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we're looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
Airbnb is rapidly moving to a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and continuous Integration is an essential part of delivering high quality code at scale. The Continuous Integration Infrastructure team has increased developer velocity at Airbnb by providing a scalable, reliable and flexible platform that is used to build and test all the services that power Airbnb. The team also delivers the libraries and services that provide standardized CI capabilities, making it easy to integrate code coverage, integration testing, and code owners into the service development workflow.
As engineering manager of the CI Infra team, you'll lead talented software developers that drive quality at Airbnb by scaling one of the largest distributed systems at Airbnb. Our team is impactful and high-leverage: we work every day to make the entire engineering organization more productive. We're infrastructure engineers with a human focus: customer-centric, quality driven, helpful and empathetic.
Aligned with our company mission, Belong Anywhere, we value the importance of diversity and belonging in the workplace, and that's why we commit to not discriminating on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
* BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 3+ hands-on technical management experience
* Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
* Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience in developing and operating large scale distributed systems with high availability.
* Led operations for high availability, production systems.
* Been actively involved in setting infrastructure roadmaps and product strategy.
* Excelled at building highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
* Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
* Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
* Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
Examples of work delivered by our Developer Productivity org:
* Pioneering a new way of thinking about service orchestration at Airbnb: centralizing configuration and departing from Chef in favor of Kubernetes.
* Building the core libraries, frameworks and tools that power standard service development, enhance service resilience and reduce service maintenance overhead. ("Building Services At Airbnb" [part 1, part 2, part 3])
* Scaling up our in-house CI/CD system and delivering tools that make developers love testing!
* Enhancing our cloud-based development environment, which uses Kubernetes and Docker to provide every developer with their own private replica of Airbnb.
* Providing fast, stable builds and tests across our entire tech stack.
* Creating infrastructure, frameworks and environments to run end-to-end integration tests, including a platform for fast, deterministic UI tests for Android [blog post, github].
* Adding support for mixed-language (ObjC / Swift) iOS development to Buck [blog post, now in Buck core].
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.