At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Job
As an Engineering Manager in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for defining a vision and leading a team of software and systems engineers to build and execute advanced Salesforce platform technical solutions for key Uber business lines including Uber Freight and Uber for Business. This role is a leadership position with direct influence over the technology stack connected to the Salesforce platform. You'll help solve complex problems in areas of B2B sales, support, communities and marketing. This role requires strong leadership and engagement with an outcomes driven mindset to deliver the technical solutions critical to business needs and problems.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Understand the direction of the company, Business Applications team and primary business stakeholders and translate those into a purposeful team mission
* Create and establish a strong vision and plan for the future of the Salesforce platform
* Construct actionable plans for the team to execute and carry out its mission
* Make informed data-driven decisions to prioritize and build technical solutions
* Provide direction and expectations to maximize project quality and team performance
* Remove roadblocks and makes sound trade-offs
* Empower the team members to take action and to take risks
* Lead a team of solution architects, systems engineers and software engineers
* Recruit team members and be active in hiring; Be attentive to the needs and motivators of engineers, guiding and developing them into strong contributors and leaders
* Partner with business leadership and translate business needs into an executable technical design and roadmap of prioritized projects with known dependencies
* Collaborate with program managers to support them with project scope, timelines, resource plans, development (Agile Methodology), testing and communication plans
* Align solutions with the Business Application team's technology roadmap
* Present proposals to Sales, Operational and Engineering leadership
* Drive development and enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
* Manage Software and Professional Services vendors
What You'll Need
* 6+ years of experience in leading teams and managing complex IT programs and working with high demand and rapidly growing organizations
* 5+ years of proven leadership in people development, technology, and strategy
* 5+ years of experience implementing Salesforce solutions across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud and other complementary 3rd party tech stack solutions
* Experienced in IT best practices regarding standard operating procedures, measurements, and reporting processes
* Engineering design expertise in software, systems and infrastructure
* Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Excellent cross-functional senior-level stakeholder management experience
* Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
* Salesforce Certifications
About the Team
The Business Applications team's mission is to empower Uber's staff to be more productive and successful through our technical solutions, service delivery and innovation. Our team supports Sales and Community Operations teams within Uber Eats, Uber Freight and Uber for Business. We also support Uber's Law Enforcement Response Team improving safety of riders/drivers across the globe. Our team invests in innovation, new business line expansion and integration with external and internal systems.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.