Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Is financial engineering your passion? Do you enjoy building teams and seeing your teammates excel in complex technical and business domain areas? Do you enjoy hands on coding culture and player-coach style of leadership? Here at the Affirm Bank Engineering team you will find a unique opportunity to leverage your leadership skills, while continuing to be hands on and be responsible for design and implementation of some of the most innovative financial software solutions. We are expanding a strong team of passionate engineers to advance Affirm's Core Banking platform and deliver on key product goals, and are looking for an experienced manager to grow the existing team in order to tackle new products and markets. This particular Bank Engineering team is responsible for the firm's core financial systems.
What You'll Do
* Manage a team of engineers responsible for one of Affirm Core Banking functions: Loan Origination and Servicing, Payments and Cash Settlement
* Advance and evolve Affirm Core Banking platform in order to support consumer product innovation, merchants and financial partner integrations, such as loan originators and payment processors.
* Work with tech leads and product managers on architecture and delivery of multiple concurrent initiatives; be responsible for the technical design of the financial features and their execution.
* Work cross-functionally across Affirm engineering organization as well as internal and external stakeholders. The team you are going to lead is the main engineering muscle for the consumer and merchant financial product features and requires broad collaboration and excellent team work ethics in order to execute efficiently.
* Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm's hiring brand. Participate in conferences, industry meet-ups, and build close relationships with Affirm financial partners.
What We Look For
* Passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better.
* Solid leadership and communication skills. Experience in managing diverse engineering teams.
* 5-10 years of software engineering experience.
* Expert knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
* Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills.
* Passion for technical and financial problem solving. Experience in working with credit card and ACH networks, as well as knowledge of payment processors integrations is a plus.
* Other preferred domain expertise: banking tech, cross-bank integrations and banking APIs, payment processing or credit card networks knowledge, cash settlements and reconciliations, data pipelines/no-SQL technologies, distributed event driven systems and web services.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-MM2
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Affirm is a financial technology services company, offering installment loans to consumers at the point of sale.