Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Engineering Manager - Game Engine Team
Roblox is seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to manage a team of talented senior engineers building cutting edge avatar technology that will propel the user experience and quality of characters in games to the next level. The team's responsibilities are to support player growth through highly customizable range of avatars from classic Roblox blocky to high fidelity avatars. In this role, you would be required to find a structured way to take ambiguous and often ambitious projects to production through a balanced approach between research and development. It is essential to be involved with product decisions and work with product managers to create actionable roadmaps. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software applications across a varied stack.
* A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
* Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Console)
* Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
* Experienced with Avatar or Character systems and are up-to-date on industry trends in this space
* Adept at distilling clarity from ambiguity to mitigate product risks on cutting edge technologies
* Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
* Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
* Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing mobile applications
* Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
* Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
* Data driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
* Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
* Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
* Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
* Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
* Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
* Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
* Rock star status with our community
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.