Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a collaborative startup environment, join us.
The Operational Excellence team is responsible for all the infrastructure that Redfin's services run on. We own the build, deployments, as well as our production and test environments. Throw in monitoring, caching, and database performance and you'll have a small glimpse into the breadth of technologies we work on. We are currently re-architecting most of our existing infrastructure and want you to help lead the way.
* Contribute to Redfin's Service Isolation strategy by building an application delivery platform which allows teams to self-manage their services in production.
* Take an active role in building a high performing team and in mentoring junior and senior engineers.
* Develop efficient processes for your team and advocate for them. Encourage taking risks and learning from mistakes.
* Help drive our mission to radically change the real estate industry, putting the customer first at all costs.
Required Skills and Experience
* 3+ years experience managing agile engineering teams with a focus on shipping scalable and performant infrastructure.
* Experience leading cloud migrations, architecting large scale distributed systems, or building Kubernetes clusters.
* Experience with building high performing teams, including hiring and managing performance
* The ability to handle ambiguity, collaborate well with partner teams, and empathize with customers
* Bachelors of Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Expertise with containers, orchestration, and service mesh. Preferably Docker, Kubrernetes, and Istio.
* Experience migrating an organization to a new technology platform
* Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
* You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
* You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every few weeks and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.