It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
This is a manager role leading one of the Workday Analytics UI engineering teams that focuses on developing a modern data analysis platform for Workday customers and analytics use cases.
* Are you passionate about building and leading talented engineering teams? * Do you believe that Cloud is the future for business applications? * Does leading-edge technology rock your world? * Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Join a high visibility team where you will have the opportunity to build out the team and technologies that positively change how our customers work with enterprise applications.
* Lead a team of software developers in building the next generation of analytics platform using the Agile Scrum methodology.
* Foster a cross-functionally collaborative environment for a timely delivery of the platform's features and components
* Attract, develop, and grow a high performing software engineering team
* Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
* Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Provide liaison with relevant parties, including product management, QA, other development teams, production, product support, etc. to facilitate the release process.
* Manage development related customer escalation when needed.
* Contribute refinement of processes within the development organization. Institute and adopt best engineering practices.
* At least two years in an engineering people management role
* Experience in growing a team by hiring & retaining talent at all levels of experience
* Track record in delivering web-based applications in an enterprise software space
* Experience in collaborating cross-functionally with interaction design, product management, and other disciplines' leadership
* Experience in collaborating in synthesis and advancement of a product roadmap
* Experience in building analytics capabilities is a plus
* Experience in leading UI engineering team is a plus
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.