About the Job
How can we effectively monitor and collect telemetry for a large scale, highly distributed network? We are looking for an individual who will lead a team of engineers to build out our next generation solution of new services and infrastructure to meet this challenge. The job provides the opportunity to be a key part of a team that will be combining cutting edge open-source products with innovative in-house technology to produce solutions that will meet Akamai's data needs.
About the Team
The Platform Data Services (PDS) team owns services that collect, process, store and provide access to data for Akamai. The Telemetry team supports an end to end solution for delivery of telemetry. We are a small but high performing team working on Akamai's telemetry use cases. Our responsibility includes design, development and deployment of platform components that enable fast, reliable, delivery of data at Akamai scale.
* Lead engineering team in design, development and rollout telemetry services
* Lead by example; mentor, coach and develop career of team members
* Inspire and enable innovation, help team members to achieve their full potential
* Partner with system architects, functional managers and program managers to deliver to market mission critical data systems
* Manage team priorities, effectively communicate status of committed projects
* Develop new and enhance existing capabilities in our data system for Akamai customer
* Work on performance-critical functions of the data system
* Work on projects that focus on system scalability and security
* Follow SW development methodology best practices
Required Education and Experience
* 10+ years of relevant work experience and a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 10+ years of experience with Linux and distributed systems
* 3+ years of experience with massive data systems platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc) and design principles (Data Modeling, Streaming vs Batch processing, Distributed Messaging, etc)
* 3+ years of networking experience, including TCP/IP, SSH, SSL and HTTP protocols
* 3+ years of leading engineering teams to deliver large amounts of high quality solution for complex system-level problems
* MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Highly responsible, motivated, able to work with little direction
* Experience with design and development of data systems
* Experience with scripting and API's design and development
* Ability to troubleshoot complex network problems and customer issues
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.