Flexera is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we're looking for smart and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
Our Software Engineers work across our technology stack, developing new features, and are involved in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, architecture and design, UX and wireframes, to coding and testing. As an Engineering Manager you will provide direction, mentorship, feedback, and support to your team, as well as work closely with others in engineering and across departments.
What you'll do:
* Enable development teams to leverage modern continuous integration and delivery tools to ship code to production weekly
* Ensure the development teams have the necessary tools and education to design, implement and run micro services written in Go, as well as cloud-based software applications written in Ruby and AngularJS
* Promote the development of rapid prototypes and knowledge sharing via pair programming
* Stay abreast of architectural recommendations. Interact with customers; understand use cases and help the team validate proposed solutions
* Constantly improve product quality, security, and performance. Encourage development teams to leverage the latest deployment and monitoring tools: Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS X-Ray and more
* Remove obstacles and keep processes lean to get products in the hands of customers quickly
* Contribute to the knowledge base, wiki and other Flexera resources to help build the best customer experience
You'll be expected to have:
* Extensive experience in managing and/or leading development teams and can demonstrate processes or programs you have been involved in that have proven to be successful
* Ability to reason about software, approaches, expectations, and performance from a high level
* Superb communication skills to work within and across teams
Some perks of working at Flexera:
* A welcoming and casual office environment in Itasca
* A competitive salary and benefits package
* The Flexera spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers where we can pursue projects that involve some sort of technological exploration of ideas that are novel, interesting and foster professional growth. (Some of our open source projects have come out of iTime)
Sounds good? Join us and collaborate with very talented and passionate colleagues to push the boundaries of cloud computing. Feel free to include examples of your work or your GitHub profile.
We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.
Flexera is a company designing and developing application software.