As an Engineering leader, you will be responsible for leading engineering of all user-facing digital products, including web and mobile apps for both the consumer and internal teams. We are looking for an exceptional, well-rounded software engineering expert with experience to architect the software, to manage the engineering and to dig into the code to help trace issues and mentor developers. Our team is looking for a leader who cares as much about the user experience and data as you do about the architecture.
* Build and develop long term strategy and vision for our e-commerce teams.
* Drive data-centered thinking throughout the organization and ensure best practices are met
* Lead design and development of scalable solutions & tools to address business needs, from ideation and requirements to launch, measurement, and iteration
* Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with product teams and functional stakeholders
* Work very closely with the platform engineering team to design great software solutions, define coding and testing standards, and build a smooth running engineering organization
* Work closely with our data team to ensure the application and user data being collected is clean, valuable, and easily-reportable
* Oversee web, mobile, and email development
* Grow and mentor a team of diverse engineering professionals
* A strong background in hands-on software development, architecture, and systems design.
* Proven leadership skills in managing software or full stack engineers for at least 10+ years and leading people as well as systems.
* A strategic business mind, with the ability to dive into the technical implementation and collaborate with other parts of the business on best solutions
* Strong analytical skills, with the ability to ask the right questions to identify business challenges and objectives, and strategize on how to overcome those challenges
* Demonstrated ability to balance quality of code with rapid iteration and development
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with in React and Clojure would be highly preferred
* Knowledge of systems and Dev Ops
* Experience with Machine Learning and AI
J.Crew Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
About J. Crew
J.Crew is a company that supplies clothing and accessories