The HubSpot Product team is made of more than 500 Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and Researchers. We're passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, and serve their customers - and ultimately, grow better. We build for more than 55,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our team has scaled rapidly over the past few years, and our need for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable engineering leaders has grown in kind.
Engineering leadership at HubSpot comes in many different forms. It has many different titles (Technical Lead, Engineering Lead, Engineering Group Lead, Director of Engineering and more). And while the responsibilities and scope of work vary across these titles, all our engineering leaders have a few things in common: they are able to work autonomously, lead transparently, and they prioritize product and people over strict processes.
Engineering leaders play to their strengths, but are aligned to HubSpot's mission and show the leadership qualities that we've found to be most effective:
* They build trust, respect, and empathy, and use that as a base to deliver radical candor.
* They foster a sense of team and mission.
* They have strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team.
* They understand our customer and business needs.
* They understand how we build and why.
* They represent our mission and culture to candidates.
* They get team members and candidates excited to take on new challenges.
As an engineering leader at HubSpot, you'll do many things - and you likely already have experience doing some of them in the past. They are:
* Leading web application development teams. Our teams work on all types of software: front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and everything in between. We're looking for specialists and generalists - both have a place here at HubSpot.
* Collaborating with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision.
* Partnering with product managers and designers to build software that's useful, useable, delightful, and solves real customer pain.
* Coaching and mentoring engineering teams, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management.
* A track record working with recruiting or hands-on growing remarkable engineering teams.
If you're an engineering leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let's talk. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply - we'd love to hear from you.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we'd love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world's small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We're headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of your personal information.
HubSpot is a company that develops a cloud-based marketing and sales software platform.