Raytheon's Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, Raytheon AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST's work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST's work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation's finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation's capital, or Utah's lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
This particular position will be staffed in the Anaheim Hills, CA location.
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks an Engineering Development Team Lead in Anaheim Hills, CA, who will be responsible and accountable for leading a team of engineers and technical staff to develop software and/or FPGA applications. The Engineering Development Team Lead will interface with other technical leads, development engineers, program managers and external customers to understand customer objectives/requirements and to work closely with all stakeholders to develop technical solutions from the conceptual stage through delivery.
The successful candidate will:
* Lead teams of 2-6 engineers to perform software and/or FPGA development, integration and test tasks
* Understand project scope and plan associated development activities which includes: definition of tasks, identification of task interdependencies, scheduling, budgeting, and assignment of staff
* Oversee execution of development activities, which includes: tracking, monitoring and reporting task progress and costs against established schedules and budgets
* Actively manage the execution of development efforts which includes: determine task priorities; analyze risks, trades and impacts in response to changes in scope or unanticipated/unplanned events
* Recommend and implement corrective actions to schedule and cost variances
Responsibilities will also include responding to customer requests for quick reaction program requirements and changes, and requests for proposal and ROM support.
The successful candidate is a self-starter, works collaboratively in a team environment, has strong organizational and people leadership skills, and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission critical needs as they arise. The candidate may have direct interaction with customers and must represent the company in a professional manner.
* 6+ years' experience in engineering development, integration, test and delivery of software and/or firmware as an individual contributor or team lead
* Experience leading small teams of engineers to plan and execute tasks in design through integration and test phases
* Experience on teams with diverse and cross discipline engineering staff
* Ability to plan engineering development activities, estimate and establish baseline schedules and budgets, and track schedule and costs against established baselines
* Ability to work independently, and organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
* Active Secret or Top Secret clearance within the last 2 years
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active TS/SCI clearance
* Experience as an individual contributor and team lead in all phases of software/firmware/product development life cycle in engineering and delivery of fielded product
* Strong advocate and practitioner of software/firmware engineering and configuration management discipline
* Experience as an Agile SCRUM Master or Agile Product Owner
* Experience with automated and continuous build, integration and test tools and technologies (i.e. Jenkins, Puppet, etc.)
* Experience with scripting (such as in Python, Perl, and/or Linux/Unix shell)
* Experience in engineering development of products and applications in the area of: SIGINT, COMINT, telecommunications, wireless communications, data communications, network security, signal processing, software defined radios (SDR), and/or software defined networks (SDN)
* Experience with GNU and Eclipse based tool chains
* Experience with Xilinx FPGA families and Vivado based tool chains
* Experience with software security tools such as KALI Linux, Metasploit, etc.
* Experience briefing engineering task execution status, test plans and results to senior managers, senior technical leadership, and/or customers
* Experience with risk management, including identification of key project risks and generation of associated mitigation and contingency plans
* Experience with Microsoft Project and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles
B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
138560BR 138560 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Anaheim Hills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.