Engineering Apprentice - Frontend (San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA
The Twitter Engineering Apprenticeship Program is an opportunity for folks from non-traditional tech backgrounds to experience engineering at Twitter. Our Apprenticeship Program is a one-year rotation program with full-time employment. Upon completion of the program, Apprentices graduate and embed fully into a Twitter team.
We believe the people who build Twitter should be representative of those that use the platform, this includes people from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented within tech such as women, black, Latinx, Native American, etc, just to name a few. We'd like to highly encourage these, and all the folks from similar backgrounds, to apply for this apprenticeship.
* Applications will close on July 31, 2019.
* Qualified applicants will receive an invitation to participate in a HackerRank Challenge.
* All applicants will receive a decision on their candidacy by September 2019.
* You're available to start with the inaugural cohort October 7, 2019
Who You Are
* You are from a non-traditional tech background (coding boot camps, self-taught coders, veterans, caregivers returning to the workforce, those making a career switch, etc)
* You are proficient in at least one programming language.
* You are self-motivated and are looking to continue to learn what it's like to work and excel at engineering at Twitter.
* You have at least two years of work experience (does not need to be technical)
* Interested in working on iOS, Android, or Web technologies.
What You'll Do
* Collaborate with smart, supportive peers to build compelling user experiences that impact millions of people coming to Twitter every single day.
* Work closely with Twitter engineers to tackle technical challenges with engineering at scale.
* Learn and grow through programs hosted by Twitter University as well as informally with sister teams, local leaders, and remote collaborators.
Who We Are
The client engineering team at Twitter encompass all engineering efforts to build the best iOS, Android, and web experiences for millions of people coming to Twitter every single day. We believe in the following set of principles to ensure we're giving everyone the best experience:
* Be respectful of the differences between usage patterns across the globe. Access to bandwidth, memory, and storage vary across different geographies.
* Be curious about why things are the way they are. We inform ourselves with data to understand how and if things are working well to ensure we're moving in the right direction.
* Be open to conversation. We think we're better together and can make better decisions when involving others to have a conversation about something rather than deciding in isolation.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Twitter is a social networking platform.