Engineer - Test 2
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) Segment is one of three L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment:
L3's ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30 unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40 locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
This position is for a member of an integrated product team responsible for developing real-time operational signal processing system. This person will become a member of a small team of engineers from various disciplines that provides custom solutions to a large customer base, which requires both traditional, and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support. Candidate must be a self-motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills. Candidate must also possess and maintain an active DoD TS/SCI clearance. Position will require CI Polygraph if candidate does not already possess one.
This position is for a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Test Engineer working on an Agile Development Engineering team. This position requires the ability to coordinate and perform a full range of testing to ensure proper unit and capability performance for complex signal analysis products. This engineer will coordinate with a team of cross-functional engineers to provide DSP solutions to a large customer base, which requires both traditional, and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support. Candidate must be a self-motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills.
To demonstrate success, you will:
* Plan, define, create, coordinated, develop, and control top-level and detailed unit and full product level tests for a variety of DSP system solutions.
* Analyze and provide input on relevant hardware requirements for testing our core signal work.
* Perform integrated testing in Systems Integration Labs and in deliverable configurations on deliverable platforms.
* Prepare presentations and briefings for customers and community working groups.
* Participate with and coordinate on a skilled engineering team that contributes strongly to an advanced line of systems.
* Travel some in CONUS and OCONUS.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and two (2) years of relevant DSP experience.
* Methodology-based software testing, using test cases, on multiple products and different environments.
* Experience in tools-based testing that allow results-based improvements.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be able to create and maintain strong working relationships.
* Requires experience with technical writing to prepare reports and documentation.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
* C/C programming skills.
* Must be able to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
* Required to travel CONUS and OCONUS as necessary.
Desired Additional Skills:
* Knowledge and understanding of RF and receiver concepts.
* RF/Modulation hardware/software background.
* Experience with intelligence community signal analysis/development tools.
* Experience with Agile methodologies and experience with a variety of software development environments and tools.
Candidate must already possess and remain eligible for a Top Secret/SCI clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. Position will require a CI polygraph if candidate does not already possess.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.