At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Raptor is a center-of-excellence for ground software development. Raptor is developing innovative tools to aid operators with planning spacecraft maneuvers and supporting vehicle activities, as well as monitoring the progress and safety of the mission. We are also developing tools which provide the operator and key decision makers with enhanced situational awareness into the status of the mission.
Overall this role will be responsible for performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific tasks include:
* Performing trade studies, functional decomposition, and detailed design to flesh out the requirements and ultimately develop a set of features that the software team implements
* Working with other team members to define and build the interfaces between all of our applications
* Defining the types of constraints that we want the system to be able to handle, architecting how those constraints get embedded into the system, and then working closely with the software team to implement the constraints in the code. Constraints can come from any of the following categories: temporal (e.g. overlapping activities), geometric (e.g. line of sight), and quality (e.g. solar lighting conditions).
* Supporting customer demos, training operators, and participating in integration and test activities, both here in the factory as well as at customer locations.
* Participate in requirements development, developing design materials, supporting software implementation, participating in formal sell off activities, and helping develop training material and user guides for end users
Bachelors Degree with at least two years experience
Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.