Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure and agile software-defined systems and solutions. Our products range from advanced sensing technologies to state-of-the art targeting and tracking systems that are deployed in Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) and Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW) systems. These systems are designed, developed, built, integrated, and tested by the capable folks at our company to protect the lives of U.S. and Allied warfighters in present and future conflicts. Our Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) organization provides complex avionics systems in Targeting, EOIR, and RF technology areas.
Engineer Systems opportunities are available in three disciplines in SEIT:
Systems Design: Tasking can include creating and refining Model Based System Engineering products (System behavioral models, Use Case realizations, State Machines, etc.), generation and update of System and sub-system level specifications in DOORS, including requirements traceability, creation of Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM), verification traceability (tracing requirements to test plans/procedures/results), and update and maintenance of system drawings and documents.
As a part of the SEIT team, a Systems Design engineer is exposed to the front end Systems Engineering process and coordinates across many disciplines to ensure that the system description and requirements are properly and thoroughly defined and captured.
Modeling & Simulation: Assignments include analysis and trades of product line architectures using analytical models and mission level simulations. A primary task for a modeling and simulations engineer is software development of in-house models and algorithms. Strong domain knowledge combined with valuable software development skills are required to produce the accurate models that drive the critical analysis needed to design our future systems. As a member of the SEIT team, a Modeling and Simulations engineer gains a deep understanding of how our systems architecture design process meets our mission level goals.
Integration & Test: Efforts may include generation of test plans, test procedures, test automation, test reports, and execution of integration test activities in System Integration Labs (SILs) or offsite locations. As a part of the SEIT team, an Integration & Test engineer gains an understanding of the Systems Engineering process across a product's lifecycle and gains a full appreciation for how the avionics systems operate.
During the interview process, our team will seek to understand both your experience and preferences in order to determine which area provides the best opportunity for you to succeed. These groups and engineering roles with SEIT provide a great opportunity to work alongside a variety of other Systems, Hardware, Software and Mechanical engineers to successfully execute on mission-critical programs.
* BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 2 years related experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
* Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
* Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
* Active Secret Clearance is required to be considered.
* MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 0 years related experience
* Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software. Agile experience a plus.
* Knowledge of MATLAB, C, C , CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML, Python, or other scripting languages
* Experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) concepts and tools (Rhapsody)
* Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
* Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
* Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems evaluation
* Experience in development and earned value management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
* Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to Targeting, EOIR/RF
systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
* Ability and willingness to travel
* Active Top Secret Clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.